02 03 The World in Relief: Wonderfully Made at the Waldron 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Wonderfully Made at the Waldron

34
This December I have had the privilege of exhibiting my work at the IVY Tech John Waldron Arts Center's main gallery in Bloomington, Indiana.  I displayed my work according to the organizing principle of pattern.  One area was for spirals, another for branching, and another for cells.  Everyone has their own reasoning about why the natural world develops with such beauty, complexity and interrelatedness.  No matter whether the explanation is spiritual or scientific – either way, the world is "wonderfully made".




I brought two blocks for people to see and touch.  It was fun to challenge visitors to discover which block made which print.




As an unexpected bonus, I was allowed to use the gallery's "vault."  At one time this building was Bloomington's City Hall.  I used the space to display a collage series that highlights the plants and textures of Indiana woodlands in early spring.


The vault with my Emergence series.
Inside the vault, I hung some bare branches to give the room the ambiance of a warm early spring day, before the trees have their leaves.

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38