02 03 The World in Relief: Sometimes a picture IS worth a thousand words 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sometimes a picture IS worth a thousand words

34
An amazed printmaker at the Broad Ripple Art Fair.

Sunday was a good day at the Broad Ripple Art Fair. I was surprised that morning with the news that I was the first place winner of the entire show. Words escaped me then, as they do now. What it said to me was that even though I am a printmaker who makes prints that don't look like traditional printmaking...I should keep going!

For all of the no's I have had this spring, finally a yes.

The weekend was hot, hot, hot. I did get to see the work of printmakers Silvia Pixley, Ken Swanson, Lisa VanMeter and Melissa Nees Haugen. They all have very different styles, and warrant a look at their websites.

Time to put the amazed brain and hands to work on the next print.  Hope you get a yes! in your life as well.

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38