02 03 The World in Relief: And now in the news... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

And now in the news...

34
One of my goals in expanding my etching press is that I want to be able to create larger images. Right now the widest print I can manage is about 20 inches high. My reasons for the need for size are two-fold. Because my work centers around patterns, the more room the pattern has to repeat, the more effective the print.


Elizabeth Busey, Vernal Paradox. Linoleum Reduction Print, 14 x 28in, 2012.

But I also want to create larger art for larger walls -- specifically walls that might be in hospitals, medical centers and places of healing. Being sick is such a tremendously stressful event in a person's life, and researchers have found that a stimulating, nurturing aesthetic environment can be helpful in the healing process.

I recently had a show in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan Health System in their Gifts of Art program. I had the pleasure of having my art reviewed by Angela Son of Art Animal. Read the entire article here:

http://www.artanimalmag.com/feauture-elizabeth-busey/

I am off to the metal shop to work on the second roller. My goal is to have the press finished by New Year's Day - and plan a press party for the New Year. 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38