02 03 The World in Relief: Little prints and a little fame 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Little prints and a little fame

34
In my last blog I wrote about prints I was fighting with -- prints that were intended for the Los Angeles Printmaking Society's Give and Take Exchange. Here are the two resulting prints:

Elizabeth Busey. Kaleidoscopic Meristem.  Linoleum Reduction
Print, 7 x 9in, 2014.

Elizabeth Busey, Prismatic Tatting. Linoleum
Reduction Print, 7 x 9in, 2014.
Each of these prints has 8 layers of color. As I added each layer, the preceding layers would suddenly cease separating from one another and become a more coherent whole. Gradations for the last two layers helped give the cross-sections a bit of dimension as well.

I am looking forward to seeing the exchange prints that will come my way later this spring.

And now for my small bit of fame: I was fortunate to be the first artist to display work at the Columbus (IN) Regional Hospital's WellConnect facility in downtown Columbus. Imagine my surprise when watching the Olympics last month, when suddenly a commercial for WellConnect came across the screen. Click on the link to see a glimpse of my work. I must admit that it looks much more impressive on my television than on my phone. A gold medal moment for me this winter!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38